Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grinders and Stuff

I got into my jackpot box and put the contraptions together.  Not an easy feat with all kinds of parts from two different contraptions and no instructions.  But I got 'er done.  This thing is a grinder/slicer.  Supposedly it slices and dices and grinds just about anything you might want to slice, dice, or grind.  Those little discs laying on the counter are the different blades.  There's one that says "butter" on it, intended for something like almond butter, so it claims to grind stuff up pretty fine.

After I put this one together, I tried using it to strain the grapes for the jelly.  Hmmm, not a good idea.  It pulverized the grapes, seeds and all and got clogged up so that I couldn't crank it and basically was just a big mess and I had to give up.  I think it has other uses that I haven't discovered yet.  It might be good for making some kind of jam with a berry that only has tiny seeds.

No comments: