Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Weeding Results




I've almost got all the hairy vetch and the bermuda that was growing beneath it pulled out. It's taken about 2-3 hours of pulling weeds almost every morning for a couple of weeks now. It's so satisfying to look back on those cleared garden rows.




The tomatoes are growing fast and there are several unripe tomatoes on the vines. I didn't get tomato cages on all of them, so that might be a mistake. I thought I'd get something better than I had last year, but ended up not getting anything at all.




Still, my corn is not doing well. It seems that there is one row that just doesn't want to grow corn. I've planted three times and have little to show for it. The lettuce is out of control. I need to make a note to myself not to plant so much lettuce.




I stopped milking Hyacinth on Monday. Tom and I decided to start leaving the goats outside at night and hope for the best. I was going to gradually stop milking, but when I checked her udder on Tuesday morning, I could tell that Cosmos and Rose are still nursing. Leaving her out with them keeps her milked out. So much for weaning them.




One of Pansy's kids has a funky lump on his neck. Uh-oh. I thought it might be CL abscess like his mother had, but the sites that I looked at on the internet say it's a wattle cyst. I hope that's right. Ugh.

No comments: