Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Produce





Our first crop of hay has been baled. Our neighbor even custom baled it for us so that the bales wouldn't be too heavy for me to handle. We've already used some bales in the goat pen and as soon as we can, we'll pick up the bales and store them in the existing barn.


The erection of the new barn is supposed to be started tomorrow and the installation of the plywood subfloor in the house started on Monday - should be finished tomorrow. It's good to have the dirty concrete covered.


Also, I was able to harvest a couple of squash, the corn is growing ears, there are lots of tomatoes on the vine - still green, the lettuce needs to be picked again, and some new plants have sprung up that look as though they might be some of the bell peppers I planted and gave up on. It remains to be seen if they will produce anything.


Bad news. I had another kidney stone attack at midnight Monday when I was out at the farm all alone. That was horrible, but I called Tom and he drove out in the middle of the night to be with me. Is that love or what?

No comments: