Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Aphids!

Friends came to visit us at the farm today and I took the wife out to see our garden. We discovered that some of the tomatoes had ripened, but when we went to pick them, every one appeared to be rotted out on the bottom. My friend told me it was aphids. They suck the juices out of the bottom as soon as the tomatoes start to ripen. I've got to find a way to get rid of them right away or they will ruin my whole tomato crop.

It looked stormy out there this morning so the barn builders did not come. Tom and I got up early so that we could be out there at 8:30 to meet the floor guys. They didn't show up until about 10:30, so of course, they didn't finish today. They are planning on arriving at noon tomorrow to finish the subfloor.

No comments: