Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cabinets

The cabinets are installed. It went off almost without a hitch. The man that I hired to install them was very good. Very meticulous like me. Not once did I have to tell him, "That's not right!" or "This goes here." or "Where did that big scratch come from?" or "That's not level."

They look great. I'm more than a little miffed with the designer, though. I only wanted a couple of cabinets with pull-outs in them. She insisted that I needed pull-outs in the big tall cabinets. I gave in on those against my better judgement. But I told her to order the other cabinets without pull-outs. Well, almost every cabinet has pull-outs. It's a huge amount of wasted space for those stupid drawers (I'm all about using space efficiently)...and it's an upgrade that costs more. I mean, if I had wanted drawers everywhere, I'd have ordered drawers instead of doors. Bah.

And, she didn't order any shoe or scribe moulde. I mentioned it to her before we ordered, but she waved my suggestion off as something that wasn't needed. Well, we need it. So I'm going to have to order some and have the installer come back to put it in.

I forgot my camera, so don't have any pics, but I'll take some when I remember to take the camera with me.

Also, I bought two donkeys today. We got the truck fixed (it just needed a fuse), so I'll be able to go pick up the donkeys and the goat this coming week. I got two "Jennys" (female donkeys) that are supposedly pregnant and due to foal some time this summer. Cute baby donkeys in the future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay babies!

Do you have names yet?

Mosaics said...

No names yet. The donkeys I chose are the grey/taupe colored ones that have that dark cross across their shoulders. He also had a very cute spotted gelding that he said I could have for $100. I'm tempted, but I'm not sure I should get an extra one. It's not like we don't have room, but that's just one more that has to be vaccinated, fed through the winter, have it's hooves trimmed, etc.

I'm open for name suggestions. The girls look very much alike, so it might be hard to tell them apart until I become familiar with them.