Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Full On Bohemian Mode

If you've read my blog, you know that I have an unrequited love for Bohemian decor.  It was unfortunate that my RV/Vardo project got sidetracked because of the leak, because that Bohemian Behemoth inside me must be expressed in something other than or, in addition to, my clothing (I'm a closet hippie).

So, it's happening, y'all.  My bathroom renovation project has opened a whole new world for me.  I was able to bring a few boho elements into the bathroom and they have spilled out into the bedroom and it is now no-holds-barred.

First up, macrame, baby.  Yeah, I said MACRAME.  Of course, macrame has made a huge comeback from the 1970's and it's everywhere.  I used to do macrame way back then and I made several large elaborate plant hangers.  I wish I had those now.  But, alas, they are probably in a landfill by now, or, if I'm optimistic, they could be in some vintage shop somewhere.

Anyway, since I didn't put a door on the entryway between our bedroom and bathroom, I decided to make a macrame curtain for just a wee bit of extra privacy.  I mean, it doesn't really cover the door and we'll probably keep it pulled back all the time anyway, but it's a little extra something and a fun project for me.

I found a pretty pattern on-line and downloaded it only my computer.  The instruction said to use 8mm cotton cord/rope, so I ordered that from another site.

Two spools.

Then I cut all my cord to the lengths as instructed.

I hung a rod over my door temporarily so I could work on the curtain.

It just took a few days.  I had forgotten how easy and fun it is to macrame.

This will be taken down and rehung higher after I get my new door casing up.

1 comment:

We Love Texas said...

I like it! Very nice touch. I also used to do a little macrame back in the day.