Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, April 11, 2016

East Texas Roses

East Texas is famous for it's roses.  Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Seriously, type in Google search, "rose capital of the world" and see what comes up.

I got serious about my roses this year and after a little Pinterest searching, I pruned them up good and it has really paid off.  I'm thoroughly enjoying the fruits of my labor.

This one is not quite in full bloom, but it is loaded with buds.  I'm amazed at all the different colors on this one bush.

There's this pinkish color.

Salmon.


Reddish orange.

And orange.  It blooms in clusters.


This yellow one is fabulous.  The faded ones have a pink tinge.  It blooms with one large bloom on each stem.

I'm being diligent to cut off the spent blooms to encourage it to bloom all summer.

The irises are making quite a showing, too, but they always do well.

There are just two colors blooming at the moment, but several more to come.


No comments: