Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Barn Workshop Cabinets

Tom has been planning a workshop area in the barn ever since we got it built.  He needs a place for all his tools and projects.  So, since our nephew is here, we're taking advantage of his considerable talents.  I think that was Tom's ulterior motive in getting him here anyway.  *wink*

Yesterday, this wall looked like this.

This morning, it looked like this...



Wow!  he is fast.

This is going to be far nicer than I envisioned.  Those cabinets have a quartz top...free.  I was at an antique/junk shop several months ago and this big slab of quartz counterop was leaning up against the wall.  The shop owner asked if I knew anyone who would want that slab.  She just wanted to get rid of it and was giving it away.  I didn't want it, but I mentioned it to Tom when I got home.  He went and got it, had it cut in half and ended up with two six foot lengths.

Sweet!

4 comments:

April said...

Can't wait to see what it looks like when we're there..maybe I'll pack Jordan into our suitcase and take him home of a few projects ;o)

Mosaics said...

You'll have to pry him from our cold dead hands. lol

Meagan Claire said...

I didn't know you bought a quartz top. And, Jordan IS super fast. Maybe he CAN make me that West Elm table...

Mosaics said...

I didn't buy the quartz countertop. It was given to us for free.