Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, October 18, 2010

YeeHaw!

Tom and Charles made great progress on the apartment today...this first day back to building after a two week break.  If they keep up this pace, they might even finish the framing by Wednesday. 

This is Tom's office framed in.  They also built a wall down at the other end of the barn.  Those are the doors that I'm going to use for the bedrooms, closets, and bathroom.  Can't remember if I've mentioned this, but the apartment is going to be farm cottage style.  I need to decide if the doors and trim will be painted white or stained.  Anyone have any ideas on which would go best with the cottage style?  The doors are pine with lots of knots.  I have in my mind's eye that all trim is painted white, but the doors would look nice just stained and finished, so I can't decide.

And here's what I've been doing (aside from buying doors) while Tom is building.


I hired a big strapping teenager to dig up this spot for me so I could put this little patio out by the fence.  It's part of my landscaping plan.  He'll be coming back in the next several days, or weeks, depending on how long it takes, to dig up all along the fence line for my flower beds.  I'm filling the circle with decomposed granite, but ran out of landscaping cloth before I could finish it.

No comments: