Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, July 30, 2021

Fresh Batch of Crying Today

I've been writing to Tom every day.  The very first day was a Wednesday and I just dashed off a short handwritten letter just to let him know I love him.  After that, I've typed and sent a letter and put it in the mail every day except on Sunday.  Many other people have written to him as well. I didn't know if he was receiving the mail because I haven't had any communication with him since the Tuesday that he went in.  But I was hoping that he was receiving his mail so that he would know that we're all thinking of him.

Each day that I check the mail and receive nothing is like a punch in the gut.  So today when I checked the mail, I saw that my first typed letter to him was returned to me unopened.  On the front of the envelope was stamped "no labels allowed".  The only label on it was my return address label.  I called the prison in tears and asked about it, the man said that, yes, no return address labels are allowed.  So that means my husband has been sitting in that prison, isolated from everyone because of the ridiculous COVID quarantine, and he hasn't even received my letters and possibly several others who used return labels.

Seriously?  Who thinks up these kinds of rules.  What's the difference between using a return address label and a stamp? We have to put a stamp on the envelope, don't we?

Do they have a department full of people just sitting around saying, "Hmm, how can we make things even harder?"?

There just seems to be one horrible thing after another.

No comments: