Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Big Royal Pains Adventure

We haven't taken a vacation in ages.  I guess, other than going to a couple of family weddings that were out of town, I haven't traveled more than a few hours away from home since we bought our farm.  Those really aren't vacations, so I guess it's safe to say that we haven't taken a vacation since we bought the farm.

It's not for lack of trying.  Tom is always trying to get me to go here or there.  But, at heart, I'm really a homebody and since all this nonsense with "security" at airports, I just don't enjoy the process.  I figure that if I don't enjoy it and if I don't really have to get on a plane, then why do it?

Well, I finally gave in and consented to a trip to The Hamptons in New York to visit some of Tom's family. 

Tom and I have TV shows that we watch together and one of our favorites is Royal Pains (although we call it "Hank Med").  It's about a concierge doctor in The Hamptons.  In case you don't know what a concierge doctor is, it is one that makes house calls exclusively and is at your beck and call if you can afford the retainer.  Anyway, supposedly it is filmed there, so we feel like we kind of know the place already.  Of course, it's probably like the show Dallas where pretty much nothing really looks, in real life, like it does on TV (we used to live near and drive by Southfork several times a week, so we're pretty familiar with that phenomenon - people, don't be crushed, but the house is not some great big mansion as you've been led to believe).

So, maybe something fun will happen that I can blog about (anything is better than my squash bug saga)...that is, if I can remember to take my camera.

So, off we go.

No comments: