Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, August 02, 2010

Calgon, Take Me aWaY!

Of course, we've come home to a pile of farmwork and we have a lot going on.  I started mowing this morning, but got a flat tire on the mower.  It can't be fixed, must be replaced, so my mowing will have to wait until another day.  And now the cool of the morning is gone, so there will be no more outside work for me today.

To rest my spirit, I took some pictures of pretty things.


I don't know what this weed is, but it grows all along the fence line and by the road.  I mow a lot of it down, but it is very pretty.


The moon plant is taking over the well planter.  It has some buds on it, so will be blooming soon.

There are a few other plants in there, but they, along with the pond are overshadowed by the moon plant.  I don't know how many fish are in there.  I started out with ten, but it seems some of them have disappeared.  There's no sign of a water lily bloom yet, but the leaves take up most of the pond surface.

No comments: