Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inside Projects

In addition to taking the truck around the edge of the mini forest to pick up branches so Tom could mow and cleaning out the goat stall, I did this little project for myself this morning.  It was quick and easy.

It's a place to store my earrings - a picture frame with wire strung across it that the earrings hang on. 

And here are the bedroom curtains that I'm going to replace.


I think these are the original curtains that were hung when the house was built in 1978.  I'd say somebody got their money's worth out of them.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your new curtains! That can be such a huge challenge - especially, when you already have so much more on your plate to handle! But your little project for your earrings is too cute! Great idea!

Mosaics said...

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the earring idea. I saw it somewhere - TV, magazine, I can't remember - I just copied it.

April said...

Is that your old Singer machine? Seriously, girl..get a new one..that thing is what..50 yrs old? LOL

Mosaics said...

Yes, that old Singer Featherweight sews a perfect stitch and does everything I need it to do. I imagine that if I got a new one, I would be amazed at the things it would do, but it's true what they say...ignorance is bliss.

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing through the blogs on blogger and yours caught my eye. I like the frame (even if it's not entirely your idea)but I think you need to fill it out with a few more earrings. It's too minimalistic.

Mosaics said...

Well, even though I LIKE minimalistic, I prefer to think of this particular project as "room to grow" ;) and do plan to enjoy filling it out a bit.